In this paper we will review another delicious food with saffron – Saffron paella. This food is a famous food around the world specially in Spain.
Ingredients of saffron paella :
- 1 yellow minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Ana Qayen Saffron
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 3/4 pound chorizo ( it must have been removed from casing )
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 6 cups chicken
- 2 cups paella rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 14 ounce drained artichoke hearts,
- 1 pound clams
- Flat leaf parsley ( for garnish )
- Lemon wedges ( for garnish )
1. Pour crushed Ana Qayen saffron in a bowl and cover it with hot water.
2. Heat a 15 inch pan over medium heat and add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook it for 4 to 5 minutes, until onions are fragrant.
3. Stir them in the shrimp, tomatoes and chorizo. After that you must cook it for 4 more minutes and flip the shrimp as needed until they have cooked enough. Remove shrimp, place it to plate.
4. When the chorizo is cooked enough, you must add Ana Qayen saffron with water, smoked paprika, salt and broth. Bring them to a boil, after that sprinkle rice evenly over broth. rotate the pan to cook the rice but you shouldn’t stir them, for 20 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Add peas, artichoke hearts, shrimp and clams to top of paella. Cover it with foil and continue to cook until remaining water has been absorbed and clams have fully been opened. Discard any clams that has not opened yet.
6. You can serve with a sizable sprinkle of fresh parsley and lemon wedges
That’s it, hope you enjoy!
And check our other articles on our website .
Also visit our Arabic website for purchase in Arab countries.