Today, all saffron plant is known as a versatile plant that has spread around the world. But to know its properties and types, before buying and consuming it, it is good to get acquainted with the anatomy of this redplant and know it completely.
To better understand the plant itself and its properties, it is best to first examine its appearance. At a glance, you can see that the red stigmas of its flower are among the purple petals, and if your hand has a small touch on it, its fragrance will last for a few days.
What is saffron plant and how does it grow?
saffron plant grows through saffron bulb. The saffron bulb has a brownish tinge that protects it. After it is planted, it begins to grow and forms a stem, at the end of which a bud is formed. After flowering, you will encounter 6 beautiful petals with a purple flower that will protect the 3 red stigmas. These three red stigmas are the same delicious material that is produced with great difficulty.
What ingredients does it have?
This plant has compounds that distinguish this valuable plant from other plants. The quality of this plant is measured through these compounds in laboratories and laboratories, the higher the percentage of these compounds, the higher the quality and therefore has a great impact on the properties of sigh. These compounds include:
Crocin is the factor of color power,
Picrosin is the factor of taste,
Safranal is factor of powerful fragrance and taste,
Types of saffron
Unlike other spices, this plant has different types, in each of which, saffron strings are not similar, and this difference depends on the type of harvest, separation of saffron flowers, the climate of the region and finally its quality.
We have listed its types from the highest quality to the lowest quality.
1. Super Negin: In Super Negin, the percentage of saffron and crocin has the highest amount and has a high color and aroma compared to other types. (Ana saffron offers this type of saffron for export)
2. Similar to Negin: In this type, coloring is much more than the other types, but it does not reach Super Negin.
3. Negin: In Negin type, there is no curvature of its strings, and the branches are separate and completely red.
4. Sargol: There is no yellow and white (root) in Sargol type and it is the most used type of saffron.
5. Pushal : Pushal model is saffron that has red stigmas, along with some cream (root).
6. Bunch saffron : In this type, its stigmas are dried by stacking together.
7. Root: Its white part, which is located at the end of the stigma of this plant, is called saffron root. Other products of this plant also include its petals, its yellowness.
And check our other articles on our website .